Special online bonus: Listen to an interview with Matti Friedman, author of “Pumpkin Flowers” about the author’s IDF service on the troubled Lebanese front in the wake of the Lebanon War. Rabbi Motzen related the author’s dramatic experience in his sermon this week.
- New York Times, Smugglers in West Bank Open doors to jobs in Israel, violence
- Reuters, US signals accommodations of Israel’s terms on defense aid
- The Tower, Former Ambassador Oren advises Netanyahu to hold off from signing defense agreement with US
- Times of Israel, Top diplomat: Palestinian conflict close to bottom of agenda of Sunni Arab world agenda
- Washington Post, In Britain, anti-Semitism endures by George F. Will
- JCPA, Anti-Semitism is embedded in British culture
- Bloomberg, Is Israel a pariah? Not according to its new friends
- The Tower, Iranian commander threatens Bahrain with armed resistance while traveling in breach of UN ban
- Wall Street Journal, Uranium provides new clue on Iran’s past nuclear arms work
- Foreign Affairs, Israel’s evolving military by Amos Harel
- Foreign Affairs, Israel and the post-American Middle East: Why the Status quo is unsustainableby Martin Kramer
Do you have an article about Israel or the Jewish community that you’d like to share with your friends? Email the link to [email protected].
Some of the articles above require subscriptions for online access.
The opinions expressed in these articles are not endorsed by Ner Tamid Synagogue or its board of directors.
Your gift will underwrite the continued publication of this Ner Tamid weekly Israel packet. Contact the Ner Tamid office at 410-358-6500 or [email protected] to make your gift today.