The first youth contest question
Name at least 2 Brochos which are only said once a year (in the USA).
1) Checking for Chametz the day before Pesach (Passover), which is called Bedikas Chametz.
2) Seeing the buds on fruit trees in the spring.
3) Lighting Yom Kippur candles.
4) Nachem which is said on Tisha B’Av
On June 8, will be the annual Ner Tamid Youth Shabbos. Special features include:
- Teens leading services in the main sanctuary, including the sermon, Kiddush, announcements, Shacharis and more.
- Elementary students finishing services with an upbeat tune.
- Pre-school and elementary carnivals during groups.
- Special Kiddush snacks
- Tribute to Mr. Charles Hauss, Boy Scout Troop leader, troop 1299.
- Graduate recognition.
- Student Awards
On June 2 there will be a community celebration (Israel65, Celebrate!) at the Owings Mills JCC (Israel65). Ner Tamid is a partner organization and we have been asked to man moon bounces and an inflatable obstacle course. The shifts are from 12:00 -2:00 pm and 2:00 – 4:00 pm. We would like to show our commitment to unity and community spirit by being part of this event. Please let me know ASAP if you are available to help. There are additional volunteer opportunities if you are not available to help with the Moon Bounce noon – 4 pm.
We also would like a few people to sit at a small table with shul handouts and a small giveaway.
- Set-up (10:30 – 12:00 pm)
- Parking (Various shifts throughout the day)
- Face Painting (12:00 – 2:00 pm & 2:00-4:00 pm)
- Matisyahu Concert Check-in (must have a smart phone) (3:15 – 4:15 pm)
- Clean-up (6:00 – 7:30 pm)